I sit here in my best friends and his husband's home looking out his deck windows on this very cold sunny day in Upstate New York. It warms my heart to know that almost 30 years ago this little man always talked about owning a home far away from the city life. A place of peace to sit, have coffee and drink in what is there in front of us. And so here we are, all of us having coffee, chatting and not chatting, on our laptops listening to music and enjoying the moment.
From the very beginning, the very moment that we met we seemed never to be away from one another, mostly on his part. He always included me in almost every aspect of his life, Made me apart of his it, included me on holidays with the current boyfriend, went out dancing with me most of the weekends and having endless conversations about anything and every thing.
People would watch us and wonder what we could be possibly talking about for such a long periods of time. And to be honest I really don't know what most of our conversations were about, all I know is that they were, easy, fun, funny, sad and sometimes heated.
There was a part of his tough love side of things towards the way I ran my life, being unpractical, wild and very spur of the moment, with no real goal for the future so he thought. But I definitely was in search for a career that I could love and not just have a job. And his life being a very very practical one, focused in what he wanted in life and honestly that's why I'm here today writing from his home in upstate New York.
We never know where our lives are going to go, which direction the wind will take us, or coming to that preverbal fork in the road, the one that you choose could change things forever. And I have come to face many of those forks in my life but one mainstay has been my bestie, through thick and thin, heated and fun, laughing and crying and I wouldn't change a thing about it at all.
HRH
No comments:
Post a Comment