Friday, May 17, 2024

WHEN I WAS A DANCER

I  had a birthday last week and of course as one does during that auspicious day is to reflect, at least as you get older, when you're younger It's all about the parties and presents and ultimately drinking and getting as drunk as you possibly can. 
Reflection seems to start at the age of 50, when that day comes it's all about where you've been and where you are at that time and where do you go from here. 

I however been doing this Reflection since the age of 13, My mind was always about the future and because of that I was always a bit fearful of that. But as time went on and I was getting older and I hope wiser, I was able to start seeing things as an adult and also was be able to give advise to the younger people around me and my friends. And in my little circle of friends, even though we were around the same ages give or take 10yrs or more, I had been a dancer for 30yrs when I retired at the age of 33 years old.

So of course all my life experiences stem from that space and time period.  From the age of 3 to 33 was all about dance and music, because my mother also had me take piano lessons. So I was a very busy kid. But I digress. I didn't have school dance's or Prom's, normal friends or even a normal life. I lived in this realm of fantasy, dress up and being a dancer was very important to me because it made me feel  as if I was somebody and I had a purpose in life. 

All my life experiences came from that, my first kiss, the first time I had sex, the first boyfriend, all my firsts were experienced then.  
So whenever I gave advise or wanted to give to someone inspiration for their journey thru life, It all came from that core space.

So the running Joke from all my friends is that when I begin to give advise or explain my life I always start out "WHEN I WAS A DANCER". LOL

 I never knew I did that but after a bit I would catch myself starting out that way. So now I have a different passion and I'm having different experiences. So hopefully I can give advise on a different Plain to those that ask for it or just simply give because I'm at that age where even if you don't ask I'm going to give it.

HRH


No comments:

Post a Comment

      At this time in my life, when I look in the mirror I still see a very naive in the way I’ve been navigating my life.      Partly becau...