Saturday, January 27, 2024

                                STAR FUCKER


The first time I met a "CELEBRITY" I was about 7 years old. Of course at the time I didn't know what it meant to be famous and I'm not sure the word celebrity was even a thing back then. The second time I was much older, around 17yrs old or so. Of course I was in awe, and for the most part he was very sweet, charismatic man with a great smile. I gushed to my parents and family members about the meeting, but they were so unimpressed by it, which confused me to the point of deep reflection.

Why were they so Blasé about it. My parents were by no stretch of the word mingled in that crowd that I knew of. We did travel loads in, out and all about the world. Many countries, states and cities. I knew that they had these dinner amazing dinner parties that included people that were brilliant engineers, poets, Generals diplomats etc. No Celebs, I guess in that world they were.

A few years later, I was performing a segment for a very popular Soap Opera, I was to be dancing at this outside amphitheater, while they actors were to be running from thugs or outlaws, can't remember the reason or episode really. Anyhow, mingling with these actors back stage, making small talk, some even flirting and trying get me to go out with them, I realized then, that these "CELEBRITIES" were no more than a bunch of no class, no manners, people that we just very hot sexy people that weren't very good at their craft. So lack for a better example, very normal people that I wouldn't want to possibly want to hangout with in real time.

Which brings me to my night in SOHO Nyc, Where people love to stand in line for the most silliest of things you can think of. In the heat, in the winter, they love it. Although I'm almost certain that it isn't New Yorkers that are standing in these lines as much as the tourist and ex pats from the west and across the pond or the bowels of middle America. 

Here we are, in line at a downtown "CELEB" hangout. Where everybody wants to be in the midst of these people that have no real redeemable reason to be alive other than the fact they are famous for, yeah for whatever. So, here we are, in line, watching as celeb after celeb come to the door, flash the Garcòn their secret email and they get let in. While loads of people just stand there hoping and wishing they get the chance to be let in this restaurant where all the famous people sit and eat. UGH

I am so not a STAR FUCKER, I'm not a line stander, and I can really care less who's in the room and I really don't want to see Celebs eating and watching us watching them, SO THIRSTY. So Dehydrated to be seen. 

But their I was, standing in line the rest of the people and I so wanted to leave and I tried with every fiber of my soul to get my dinner party and my date to go elsewhere, because I really needed two things, get warm, pee, oh there's a third, A big Martini. STAT. But they needed to get in there. They needed it so bad, they wanted so badly to be able to let everybody know that they were there. And who was there, who walked in, who walked out. BLAH BLAH BLAH

And then, by a miracle from the gods, two and a half hours later we get in. Our waiter was amazing, he got us set up in no time. The food, Divine, Atmosphere, it's downtown Nyc, it's been there for ages, looked very worn in and antique. But the CELEBS lol, whatever.........


HRH

No comments:

Post a Comment

      At this time in my life, when I look in the mirror I still see a very naive in the way I’ve been navigating my life.      Partly becau...