Thursday, January 18, 2024

                                       The Bridge    


Our first meeting came the following week. We decided to meet after work and have dinner , drinks etc.  There was no real plan, I guess we had been hanging out with so many people for the last few months that we really weren't sure what we were like with just the two of us. So he showed up. like he said he would, I thought okay cool, he didn't ghost me out. Funny enough it was like a first date so to speak. We awkwardly hugged hello, stood there kinda stiff with these forced smiles on our face, until I broke the silence and suggested we go someplace for appetizers and drinks, which started a tradition that lasted until things ended. Having apps at one place, having dinner at another place, then going to a desert place to grab an array of sweets and finally going back to my place to sit and have tea and the cornucopia of deserts.

Once we were finished at our first stop we decided we take a walk and pick a place where we would do dinner. On that walk I said while we were at it I'd like to stop and get a mutual friend of ours a birthday gift. He thought It was a great idea and thought he would do the same. I already had in mind what I wanted to get them so it was just HE  that needed to decide or figure out what he wanted to get them.  He was so focused on getting that gift, so focussed it being a good one that I got a little suspicious. And somehow it turned out that he bought the gift that I was intending to get them and now I needed to think of something else for my gift.

We ended up walking around the city well over an hour, gifts in hand, we decided to just go back to my place and order pizza. Then we had the Talk. He told me all about his life and I told him all about mine, we talked about what our next steps would be or look like and it seemed that we were on the same page as far as us taking that next step and start dating. And so it seemed.

During our talk about or lives, he confessed that he was BI. Now I'm not against that at all and I believe that a person can be BI, I just don't believe that everyone can BE BI because in my experience it also can mean that you are on the fence about your sexuality and if that is in fact the issue then I'm going to loose in this game.

So after we were done with the pizza and we continued exploring our likes and dislikes, religion, the future, the ending of the world and so on. He leaned over and kissed me. And at that moment, I think that I knew, this was going to be a rollercoaster of a ride. Because I'm not fully onboard with the notion that he was actually interested in me. Yes he made a the move to kiss me, but the kiss didn't feel like he really wanted to kiss me.  So I'm sure that my reaction wasn't what he expected and even more so I just said thank you, that was very sweet of you. He got his things together and left.

 HRH


No comments:

Post a Comment

      At this time in my life, when I look in the mirror I still see a very naive in the way I’ve been navigating my life.      Partly becau...